Greatest common factor and LCM

apanjabi

Joshua is packaging 18 land cards and 12 creature cards to sell at a yard sale. Each package will have the same number of cards, using cards of only one type in a package. What is the greater number of cards he can place in a package. How many packages will there be of each number of cards?1.
  1. what different combinations would work for each set of cards?
  2. what combinations work for both set of cards?what is this called?
  3. what combination will give the greatest number of cards in a package?
  4. what is the greatest common factor

Greatest number of cards is 6 as it is the GCF.
3 for land cards and 2 for creature cards.

1. for land cards 1package 18cardsges with 9 cards each.
, 18 package with 1 card each, 6 packages with 3 cards , 3 packages with 6 cards, 9packagaed with 2 cards each, 2 package with 9 cards each

for creature cards - 1 package with 12 cards, 12 package with 1 card, 3 package with 4 cards each, 4 package with 3 cards each,6 package with 2 cards each and 2 package with 6 cards each.

2. couldn't figure.

3. Land cards - 1 package with 18 cards, creature cards - 1 package with 12 cards.

4. 6

1. After correcting some typos (especially in the first line), this looks correct. I'd be a little more orderly: 1 of 18, 2 of 9, 3 of 6, 6 of 3, 9 of 2, 18 of 1, for land cards.
  2. Go through your list from #1 to see which work for both types (that is, which are in both lists).
  3. I think they mean, which of those in #2, so that there are some with each kind of card.
  4. Correct, but the answer to 3 is supposed to show why this is significant.
The problem could have been worded better.

For number 2 they are asking what did you that was exactly the same for your answer for 1a AND1b

1. After correcting some typos (especially in the first line), this looks correct. I'd be a little more orderly: 1 of 18, 2 of 9, 3 of 6, 6 of 3, 9 of 2, 18 of 1, for land cards.
  2. Go through your list from #1 to see which work for both types (that is, which are in both lists).
  3. I think they mean, which of those in #2, so that there are some with each kind of card.
For no 2, there is nothing common to both list.

Last edited:
What's common is not the pair of number of packages and number of cards in each package, but the number of cards in a package. What numbers work for land cards and what numbers work for creature cards? Which work for both? (This is one of the things I wish they had worded better.)

What's common is not the pair of number of packages and number of cards in each package, but the number of cards in a package. What numbers work for land cards and what numbers work for creature cards? Which work for both? (This is one of the things I wish they had worded better.)
thank you!