Amplitude and period

samuelryancampbell

Hi everyone. Can you help me solve this?

Type the equation in the form of y=Asin(bx) or y=Acos(bx). It says there is either one equation, two equations(one with A<0 and one with A>0, OR two equations(one with b<0 and one with b>0

My answer is one equation, y=3sin(2x). Is this right or am I missing something? If i am, can you explain please?

Type the equation in the form of y=Asin(bx) or y=Acos(bx). It says there is either one equation, two equations(one with A<0 and one with A>0, OR two equations(one with b<0 and one with b>0

My answer is one equation, y=3sin(2x). Is this right or am I missing something? If i am, can you explain please?
I cannot understand your problem statement.

Please post the EXACT problem (verbatim in english) as it was presented to you.

If you were given a graph with this problem, you'll have to either post a picture of it, or describe it very thoroughly so we can be sure what it is. As it stands, we are definitely missing something!

If you are unsure of your answer, tell us what makes you unsure. If there is data, or a graph, then you can check by putting ordered pairs into your equation to see if it is satisfied.

If your equation is correct, then -3sin(-2x) would also be a valid answer, because sin is an odd function. It isn't clear whether you are required to give all possible answers.

My answer is one equation, \(\displaystyle y=3\sin(2x)\). Is this right or am I missing something? If i am, can you explain please?
The question \(\displaystyle y=3\sin(2x)\) has this graph.
The \(\displaystyle 3\) tells us that the highs and lows of the graph are increased by a factor of three.
The \(\displaystyle 2\) tell us that the period graph is twice .
Now you must study the graph in the link to see how that happens.

Last edited: