t & w q11

x / ( M-2) = x / ( V-2 ) + 2y
Get rid of fractions here. Then substitute. Then get rid of fractions again. Then rearrange the equation to get it to a quadratic form:
aM^2 + bM + c = 0, where a, b, c are constant expressions (not containing M).

Get rid of fractions here. Then substitute. Then get rid of fractions again. Then rearrange the equation to get it to a quadratic form:
aM^2 + bM + c = 0, where a, b, c are constant expressions (not containing M).
please end this

I don' t have any other approach besides #37
Why are you refusing to follow suggestions? Aren't you here to learn?

His suggestion is essentially what I have said: clear fractions earlier to make the work easier and less error-prone.

I also would suggest that you write your work out, carefully, on paper, and send us an image of it, to avoid formatting errors (e.g. forgotten parentheses) and make it easier to read.

Why are you refusing to follow suggestions? Aren't you here to learn?

His suggestion is essentially what I have said: clear fractions earlier to make the work easier and less error-prone.

I also would suggest that you write your work out, carefully, on paper, and send us an image of it, to avoid formatting errors (e.g. forgotten parentheses) and make it easier to read.
i am not refusing . i already told that when i read this "clear fractions earlier to make the work easier and less error-prone." Nothing else is coming to my mind as such rather than the old steps in #40

please end this
If you don't know how to do a specific step X we are suggesting, the proper reply, assuming you want to learn, is "How do I do X?", not "please end this". If you just want the solution you can use wolframalpha or some other equation solver.

If you don't know how to do a specific step X we are suggesting, the proper reply, assuming you want to learn, is "How do I do X?", not "please end this"
How do i do this .
What changes will i make in #40

i am very well aware of what you said .

x / ( M-2) = x / ( V-2 ) + 2y ---(ii)

These are the steps that all i can do .

I don't know how to get rid of fractions .

x / (M-2) = { x + 2y ( V -2 ) } / ( V - 2 )

Substituting V= M x / (x - M y) IN x = (M-2) * { x + 2y ( V -2 ) } / ( V - 2 )

x = (M-2) * { x +2y { [ M x / (x - M y) ] - 2 } / [ ( M x / (x - M y ) ] - 2 )

Last edited:
There are 2 fractions, 2 denominators. Multiple the equation by one denominator, then the other.
Multiplying by M -2

x / M-2 * ( M -2) = ( M -2) * x / (V -2) + (M-2) * 2y

x = (M-2) x / ( V-2 ) + ( M - 2) * 2y

Multiplying by V -2

(V-2) x = (M-2) x + (M-2) * 2y * (V-2)

( ( Mx - 2x - 2 My) * x ) / ( x - My) = ( M -2 ) x + ( (M -2) * 2y * (Mx - 2x + 2My) ) / (x - My)

Mx^2 -2x^2 - 2My x = ( x - My ) ( Mx -2x ) + ( 2yM - 4y ) * ( Mx - 2x +2My )

Then?

Multiplying by M -2

x / M-2 * ( M -2) = ( M -2) * x / (V -2) + (M-2) * 2y

x = (M-2) x / ( V-2 ) + ( M - 2) * 2y

Multiplying by V -2

(V-2) x = (M-2) x + (M-2) * 2y * (V-2)

( ( Mx - 2x - 2 My) * x ) / ( x - My) = ( M -2 ) x + ( (M -2) * 2y * (Mx - 2x + 2My) ) / (x - My)

Mx^2 -2x^2 - 2My x = ( x - My ) ( Mx -2x ) + ( 2yM - 4y ) * ( Mx - 2x +2My )

Then?
Multiply the factors on the right to get a polynomial. Simplify if you can. Then collect like terms to get a quadratic equation with M as the variable.

Multiply the factors on the right to get a polynomial. Simplify if you can. Then collect like terms to get a quadratic equation with M as the variable.
mx^2 - 2x^2 - 2myx = (x^2 m - 2x^2 - m^2 xy + m2xy ) + ( 2y (m^2 ) x - 4 y x m + 4 y^2 m^2 - 4ymx + 8xy - 8 m y^2 )

-m^2 xy + 6myx -2myx - 4 m^2 y^2 =0

-m^(2 ) xy + 4myx - 4 m^2 y^2 =0

mx^2 - 2x^2 - 2myx = (x^2 m - 2x^2 - m^2 xy + m2xy ) + ( 2y (m^2 ) x - 4 y x m + 4 y^2 m^2 - 4ymx + 8xy - 8 m y^2 )

-m^2 xy + 6myx -2myx - 4 m^2 y^2 =0

-m^(2 ) xy + 4myx - 4 m^2 y^2 =0
You have 2 terms with m^2 - finish grouping. And are there really no terms without m (constant)?

-m^2 (xy + 4 y^2) + 4myx =0
You didn't address my question about constant terms. E.g. what happened to 8xy? Also, please put the variable factor last, so it's easier for you to identify the coefficients to plug in into the quadratic roots formula.