Sampling Distributions

dttrapo

Hello! I'm looking for some advice on how to solve this problem:

"From its founding through 2015, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has inducted 303 groups or individuals, and 206 of the inductees have been performers while the rest have been related to the world of music in some way other than as a performer. The full dataset is available in Rock and Roll-2e (Performer-2015). (Note: the data set is pre-loaded into the Sampling Distributions for Proportions in Statkey.)

A)What proportion of all inductees have been performers?
B)What is the correct notation for the proportion in 1a?
C)Use Statkey to generate a sampling distribution of sample proportions (Create at least 1000 samples) for samples of size n=10.
1)If you were given only this sample distribution and didn’t know the population values what would you give as an estimate of the parameter, p = the proportion of all inductees that are performers?
2)What are the smallest and largest sample proportions?
3)What is the Standard error of the sampling distribution when n = 10?

I really struggle with stats, for some reason. But I believe A is 0.680, B is p for a population proportion. I don't quite understand how to determine C's 3 questions, though. I know how to pull up the sample distribution proportion in statkey and set n and do 1000 samples, but I'm honestly unsure what to do with that information. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! I'm looking for some advice on how to solve this problem:

"From its founding through 2015, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has inducted 303 groups or individuals, and 206 of the inductees have been performers while the rest have been related to the world of music in some way other than as a performer. The full dataset is available in Rock and Roll-2e (Performer-2015). (Note: the data set is pre-loaded into the Sampling Distributions for Proportions in Statkey.)

A)What proportion of all inductees have been performers?
B)What is the correct notation for the proportion in 1a?
C)Use Statkey to generate a sampling distribution of sample proportions (Create at least 1000 samples) for samples of size n=10.
1)If you were given only this sample distribution and didn’t know the population values what would you give as an estimate of the parameter, p = the proportion of all inductees that are performers?
2)What are the smallest and largest sample proportions?
3)What is the Standard error of the sampling distribution when n = 10?

I really struggle with stats, for some reason. But I believe A is 0.680, B is p for a population proportion. I don't quite understand how to determine C's 3 questions, though. I know how to pull up the sample distribution proportion in statkey and set n and do 1000 samples, but I'm honestly unsure what to do with that information. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!
For part C, you are asked to use a specific software - Statkey. Most of us do not have access to that software.