probability density function

naveendeveloper

Hi All
I am currently doing Master in data science. I came across the function PDF probability density function which is used to find cumulative probability(range) of a continuous random variable.
The PDF probability density function is plotted against probability density in y axis and Random variable in x axis.
I am not able to understand how to convert an experiments observation of continuous random variable into probability density function
Kindly help me understand with a small example
Thank you

Hi All
I am currently doing Master in data science. I came across the function PDF probability density function which is used to find cumulative probability(range) of a continuous random variable.
The PDF probability density function is plotted against probability density in y axis and Random variable in x axis.
I am not able to understand how to convert an experiments observation of continuous random variable into probability density function
Kindly help me understand with a small example
Thank you
Have you done a Google search of " cumulative probability(range) of a continuous random variable"?

What did you find?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Have you done a Google search of " cumulative probability(range) of a continuous random variable"?

What did you find?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.
Hi moderator
I came across PDF in inferential statistics lesson of my course. Course failed to explain how PDF is created, but it does explain cumulative probability function is created by sorting the experimental observation in ascending order and cumulative addition in each row.

However Probability density function is plotted between probability density and Random variable. I created this post for getting help to create PDF from the experimental observation. I have attached the experimental observation in this link download-link.

I need help in creating PDF from the observational data. this post is to understand the PDF in inferential statistics