[※]Confidence interval

393sh

屏幕截图 2022-03-21 121506.png
Question:
屏幕截图 2022-03-21 121657.png
So I have a little bit confuse about the sentence”Suggest a suitable estimate of the variance“.
My understanding : CI = 95 % ->α = 5%; sample ~ a half normal distribution -> μ = the mean of x
so to estimate μ and δ^2 unknown using t distrbution
Could you please help me analysis and list the relevant equations?

View attachment 31755
Question:
View attachment 31756
So I have a little bit confuse about the sentence”Suggest a suitable estimate of the variance“.
My understanding : CI = 95 % ->α = 5%; sample ~ a half normal distribution -> μ = the mean of x
so to estimate μ and δ^2 unknown using t distrbution
Could you please help me analysis and list the relevant equations?
Have you learned about the maximum likelihood estimator?

yes,could you help me check my answer right or not and correct my mistake?
IMG20220318125051.jpg

yes,could you help me check my answer right or not and correct my mistake?
View attachment 31772
The maximum likelihood of the half-normal distribution is [math]\hat{\theta}=\sqrt{\frac{\sum_{i=1}^{n}x_i^2}{n}}[/math]However, this would require you to have the raw data or know [imath]\sum_{i=1}^{n}x_i^2[/imath]. I'm not sure if this information was given/computed in previous questions. However, I don't see why your method would be invalid.

The maximum likelihood of the half-normal distribution is [math]\hat{\theta}=\sqrt{\frac{\sum_{i=1}^{n}x_i^2}{n}}[/math]However, this would require you to have the raw data or know [imath]\sum_{i=1}^{n}x_i^2[/imath]. I'm not sure if this information was given/computed in previous questions. However, I don't see why your method would be invalid.
this is previous question but I think question (e) is independent one and I wanne to learn how to solve question (e)
微信图片_20220322140758.jpg

this is previous question but I think question (e) is independent one and I wanne to learn how to solve question (e)
View attachment 31774
The previous questions are theoretical, whereas (e) requires a numerical answer. So the actual value of [imath]\sum_{i=1}^{n}Y_i^2[/imath] was not given, therefore we can't use the likelihood estimator. I think your method is fine.

OK thank you so much
The previous questions are theoretical, whereas (e) requires a numerical answer. So the actual value of [imath]\sum_{i=1}^{n}Y_i^2[/imath] was not given, therefore we can't use the likelihood estimator. I think your method is fine.