Hi. i wish to ask something,about a symbol,...

Raxoxane

I'm new here. I am not a very mathematically gifted person,but i wish to ask something,about a symbol,which strikes me as being mathematical looking.Idk where else to ask. I mean i asked on one or 2 other sites dealing with metaphysics but have not had much feedback.So ya,i will put this pic up,and maybe someone can be a lamb and tell me if there is anything about this symbol that could have a mathematical aspect.And Thank you for your time.

Leaving the dots out: < means "lesser than";
like 4 < 5
Don't know what those dots mean...

Hi ya i recognised the lesser than sign,i was just wondering about the dots too,i thought maybe in higher maths there may be some arcane symbols that maths dummies like me will never be privy to:) Thank you for your time anyway,really appreciated,bless you,blessed be.

It might help, if you were to describe the source of the image.

Before the invention of parchment and paper, ancient mathematicians used to press sticks into clay, to record information. I've seen prints of these characters in clay tablets; those are what I first thought of, when I saw your partial image.

Do you know from where this partial image comes?

It might help, if you were to describe the source of the image.

Before the invention of parchment and paper, ancient mathematicians used to press sticks into clay, to record information. I've seen prints of these characters in clay tablets; those are what I first thought of, when I saw your partial image.

Do you know from where this partial image comes?

Is there a way i can send you a private message? because i have more of these symbols,but i do not feel comfortable talking of the origin in an open forum or site.

Is there a way i can send you a private message? because i have more of these symbols,but i do not feel comfortable talking of the origin in an open forum or site.
The "private message" system is meant for private (that is, non-mathematical) conversations. If you're dealing with something which shouldn't be exposed to the light of day, then it's arguably something that shouldn't be posted online in any sense, including to somebody's "inbox". It might be better not to expose the volunteers here to whatever is the danger of this topic. Thank you! ;)