Pre-Cal Problem: sound cone formed by jet traveling at 1850 mph

SupremeRussian

A jet is traveling at 1850 mph. What is the measure of the vertex angle of the sound cone formed when it breaks the sound barrier?

What are your thoughts? What have you tried? Please re-read the Read Before Posting thread that's stickied at the top of each subforum and comply with its directives. Please share with us any and all work you've done on this problem, even the parts you know for sure are wrong. Thank you.

I apologize, at that time I had literally no idea how to do it. But now I know the formula (sinx)/2 = 1/M. But the answer is 47.18 degrees, and plugging in the Mach number converted from the mph gives me a different answer. Maybe the answer key is wrong?

I apologize, at that time I had literally no idea how to do it. But now I know the formula (sinx)/2 = 1/M. But the answer is 47.18 degrees, and plugging in the Mach number converted from the mph gives me a different answer. Maybe the answer key is wrong?
I figured there must have been a formula that they'd given you. This is a crucial part of the exercise! Thank you for providing it.

Now, kindly please define the variables; in particular, for what do "x" and "M" stand? When you reply, please tell us what answer you got (versus what the key says), and by what steps. Thank you! ;)