The Missing Link?

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the "Read Before Posting" announcement, there's a link titled, "Formatting Math as Text". You can use it to learn how to type math expressions with a keyboard.

EG:

sum[n=1..infinity] 4x^(3n) = 42

You can also describe stuff in words: "The sum, as n goes from 1 to infinity, of 4*x^(3n) equals 42."
Actually, that link was removed when the target site ("Karl's Calculus", I think?) disappeared. Another resource can be found here. ;)

Actually, that link was removed when the target site ("Karl's Calculus", I think?) disappeared.
Hmmm? That link is still there.

Ted said:
Preview or edit your posts for clarity. When composing your message, you may include formatting that doesn't "take" when the message is finally posted. For instance, the forum script strips away spaces at the beginnings of lines. Kindly "edit" your post to correct errors if they occur, and "preview" your posts to minimize errors. (For formatting advice, try "Formatting Math as Text".)

The Read Before Posting announcement used to contain two links. (In fact, originally, it contained only the link to Karl's site; the second link was added some years later.) One of those two links was to Karl's Calculus, and the other one is shown above.

When I discovered that Karl's site no longer exists, I updated the announcement, to remove that link. The remaining link (above) takes users to your site, just as it did before I updated the announcement.

I had sent a PM to Ted and the moderators to explain what I had done and why, but that was a while ago. ;)

The Read Before Posting announcement used to contain two links. (In fact, originally, it contained only the link to Karl's site; the second link was added some years later.) One of those two links was to Karl's Calculus, and the other one is shown above....
How did I miss that the second link had been added...? I must be blind... :oops: Thank you!