Thread: Solving for various elements in a table with census/business statistics

Solving for various elements in a table with census/business statistics

Hi everyone. I am trying to solve for I, II, III, IV, and V in the attached table. I must be doing something very wrong because the numbers I keep coming up with just don't seem right. For example, when solving for II, what I had done was basically the total population w/o limitation (13) and then total population w/ limitation (87), and then added those to equal 100, which I believed was II. Thinking I was good, I then compared the formula I did of basically adding the two columns to equal the value of II, but that math formula does not work when solving the other areas of the population in the thousands column for the other numbers, thus confirming my formula was incorrect. So i'm not really sure how to proceed now and can't figure out the necessary formula to achieve the value of II, and it seems a bit confusing as to whether I need to include other columns into a formula or not. As far as solving for the other figures, I just don't even know where to start. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elite Member
    Hint: 547 + 489 = ??

Hint: 601 + 435 = ??
    "Unique Answers Don't Care How You Find Them." - Many may have said it, but I hear it most from me.

Quote Originally Posted by tkhunny View Post
    Hint: 547 + 489 = ??

Hint: 601 + 435 = ??
    Ugh, looks like I was completely overthinking this and was just overwhelmed by the size of the table itself. Thank you very much for your help.