Thread: basic premium: $20; each add'l $1000 coverage @ $0.30; how much coverage for $95?

Talking basic premium: $20; each add'l $1000 coverage @ $0.30; how much coverage for $95?

an insurance company charges a basic premium of $20 and an additional 30 cents for every $1000 of cover. if a man pays $95 premium, how much cover dose he have?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flowergirl1234 View Post
    an insurance company charges a basic premium of $20 and an additional 30 cents for every $1000 of cover. if a man pays $95 premium, how much cover dose he have?
    What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

Elite Member
    What if there were no "Basic Premium"? What would the cost be?
    "Unique Answers Don't Care How You Find Them." - Many may have said it, but I hear it most from me.

Cool

[A]n insurance company charges a basic premium of $20 and an additional 30 cents for every $1000 of cover[age]. [I]f a man pays [a] $95 premium, how much cover[age] [does] he have?
    How much coverage is included in the "basic" policy?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so we can "see" where you're getting stuck. Thank you!

Elite Member
    How many "30 cents" is there in 95-20=75 "dollars"?
    I'm just an imagination of your figment !