Thread: Alternative form of derived function

Alternative form of derived function

Hy guys! I would like to ask your help with one of my math problem I cannot solve. I have two function, Q(x,y) and P(x,y). I would like to know f(x,y) if df(x,y)=P(x,y)dx+Q(x,y)dy. I understand the right side of the equality but I don't know the left one's meaning. If the right one is calculated what my next step is? Thanks

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gazspe View Post
    Hy guys! I would like to ask your help with one of my math problem I cannot solve. I have two function, Q(x,y) and P(x,y). I would like to know f(x,y) if df(x,y)=P(x,y)dx+Q(x,y)dy. I understand the right side of the equality but I don't know the left one's meaning. If the right one is calculated what my next step is? Thanks
    I cannot quite understand the problem.

Please post the EXACT problem along with your work/thoughts about the problem
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

This is I know. I don't know any form of df I can handle.

I'm here at the moment. I don't know what to do after calculating partial derivatives. Should I integrate both sides with respect of both x and y?
    Last edited by mmm4444bot; 12-10-2017 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Broken URL removed