12: solve triangle w/ base 14, angle 32*; 14: solve isosceles rt triangle w/ hyp 16

happiness

Problem # 12 and 14(which I couldn't finish please help) can you help me verify that they're correct?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Problem # 12 and 14(which I couldn't finish please help) can you help me verify that they're correct?

Here are the problems, forgot to post them.
2b57e74cb7f1640aa46a5d5aa2c36cb1.jpg
e1d7f0c5bd934d48af76fa923debcfc9.jpg

Did I do this correctly

I probably didn't. If so, where did I make a mistake?
45703291b7ea5ab1ccc019b44bf8d105.jpg

Unfortunately, nothing you did on #12 is correct. You appear to have just arbitrarily decided that the triangle is a 30-60-90 triangle, but this is not justified. Instead, return only to the given information. Notice that the two non-hypotenuse sides of the triangle have hash marks on them. What does that tell you about how their lengths are related? Now suppose one side of the triangle was x. What does that make the other side? Now that you know all three sides of the triangle, use the Pythagorean Theorem to solve for x.

For #14, you've correctly deduced that the missing angle is 58 degrees. That's a great start. Now you have to figure out the two missing side lengths. You'll need to use trig functions to do so. As a hint, recall the mnemonic device "SOHCAHTOA." What does this mean? How does this relate the angle of 58 degrees to either (or both) of the unknown sides? How does this relate the angle of 32 degrees to either (or both) of the unknown sides? How does it relate the angle(s) to the hypotenuse? How can you use all of this information to find the unknown sides?