Great Website

Steven G

Elite Member
I bet many of you are like Denis (did I really say that?!) and enjoy solving puzzles so I want to turn you onto a great website. It is www.brilliant.org. Personally I am totally addicted to it. It has completely changed the way I view mathematics. I learned math from textbooks and can do many many textbook problems but the problems on this site are completely different.

Now when I see an integral I think about symmetry or whether it is beneficial to compute the integral of the inverse function (over the appropriate region) as opposed to just trying to integrate.

Let me know how you like it.

I bet many of you are like Denis (did I really say that?!) and enjoy solving puzzles so I want to turn you onto a great website. It is www.brilliant.org. Personally I am totally addicted to it. It has completely changed the way I view mathematics. I learned math from textbooks and can do many many textbook problems but the problems on this site are completely different.

Now when I see an integral I think about symmetry or whether it is beneficial to compute the integral of the inverse function (over the appropriate region) as opposed to just trying to integrate.

Let me know how you like it.

I'd recognized that some (at least) of your recent puzzles came from there. I referred someone else to it a couple months ago, and have been discussing questions from there with her. It is good for contest-type thinking, as well as for encouraging thinking in general.

Are there particular parts of the site that you find of special interest?