"Helpers", by lookagain

mmm4444bot

Super Moderator
… [this is a list of exercises in a single thread and the OP has not been prompted to post new threads for new exercises] …

… "helpers" [have been making] comments right away without the OP's participation.
Yes, that's what we usually do, in the absence of any effort shown.

I can see where some members have asked blueunicorn125 questions and requested effort. A majority of new members posting lists of exercises with no efforts shown never return to post a rejoinder. Over 80% of those (2015 data) never log into the site again after posting their list. (One doesn't need to log in, after all, to visually inspect a trap.) If blueunicorn125 actually returns with efforts on these assessment-type questions, then I will split up the thread.

All new members are prompted to follow the guidelines -- three times during the registration process, I think (I'll get back to everybody about this).

From the forum guidelines:

… If you've shown no work at all, some tutors may assume that you're needing help getting started and may suggest only a first step …

From the guidelines summary:

… We may respond by asking you questions (if we think something is missing or unclear) …

Last edited: