3 4 12 how many combination is possible

wormhole

Hi everyone, i need som help with this question. I dont even know if its in the right thread but i hope you can overlook this and help me out:)

So with three categories 1 2 3 where categori 1 has 3 variable and category two has 4 different variables, that all differ from catetogry 1, and last we have category 3 with 12 variables and they all differ from category 1 & 2.

How many combinations is possibles to make in total from mixing these these categorys.

Hope someone can both explain what this type of match is called and how to solve it and then ofcourse the answer.

Many thanks!

Hi everyone, i need som help with this question. I dont even know if its in the right thread but i hope you can overlook this and help me out:)

So with three categories 1 2 3 where categori 1 has 3 variable and category two has 4 different variables, that all differ from catetogry 1, and last we have category 3 with 12 variables and they all differ from category 1 & 2.

How many combinations is possibles to make in total from mixing these these categorys.

Hope someone can both explain what this type of match is called and how to solve it and then ofcourse the answer.

Many thanks!
Please tell us where did this problem come from - classroom/homework? What is the topic of discussion?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

The question is not clear.
For the record, this is not a calculus problem. It is a counting problem and should have been put under the probability section. It doesn't really matter where you posted this problem.
Suppose the three categories are entree, drink and dessert--this is for a lunch meal at a restaurant.
Suppose you can order from one of three entrees, from one of 4 drinks and from one of 12 desserts.
You need to let us know if you MUST choose an entree, drink and dessert OR can a meal consist of say no drink?

This is a help forum so no one here will give you an answer.
You need to show us what you tried and where you are stuck.