Book find of the day.

jonah

Mathematics of INVESTMENT and CREDIT
Third Edition, ca 2004
By Dr. Samuel A. Broverman

According to the back cover information, among other accomplishments, Dr. Broverman has been a faculty member of the University of Toronto since 1980, where he holds the position of Professor of Actuarial Science.

Anyone interested can check out the free preview at
http://books.google.com/books?id=ff2vnRCrRbUC&dq=mathematics+of+investment

I thought perhaps my esteemed knights-errant on the Finance/Business sub forum in the person(s) of Sir Denis, Sir TKHunny, Sir Mark, and Sir TchrWill might appreciate a heads up on this fine book. Preliminary scan of this book has given me a new appreciation of Sir TKHunny’s notation. The lessons, examples, and exercises/problems contained in this book are all something that I’m definitely looking forward to contemplating in the next few weeks.

Definitely way better than contemplating the mundane (and recently, hard to understand) posts of the clueless, the unimaginative, the not so resourceful, the often stuck and struggling, the frequently lazy, and the sometimes thankless posters.

Edit: typo

jonah said:
The lessons, examples, and exercises/problems contained in this book are all something the I’m definitely looking forward to contemplating in the next few weeks.
Go ahead!
For now, I'll restrict my contemplating to the likes of Sasha, Lolita, ... (and others ending with "a") revolving
around a post at a local gentlemen's club... :wink:

Sir Denis said:
For now, I'll restrict my contemplating to the likes of Sasha, Lolita, ... (and others ending with "a") revolving
around a post at a local gentlemen's club... :wink:
Well, yes, I suppose you can do that too. Being virtually free, it makes more economic sense these days to restrict one's wanderings and contemplating to the internet equivalent of a local Getlemen's club, don't you agree?

As for me, I'm better off letting my mind wander with delta, beta, alpha, ...(and other functions ending with "a") with the help of about six bottles of wine, a six-pack, etc. :wink: