Problem posting

Ishuda

Elite Member
I have been frustrated quite a few times by the automatic log out process here on the forums. I don't know how many people use their computer like I do but I would be surprised if it were only a few. When I log in and start to answer a question, I might get pulled away in the middle of answering it and sometimes (too often by my reckoning) when I come back, (partially) finish the answer and want to get a preview, everything 'disappears' when I click the 'Preview Post'.

The auto save helps sometimes, but when I've added a considerable amount while being logged out AND I don't know I'm logged out, auto save doesn't help.

So, if you are going to keep the auto log out time the same as it is, could you please do something to remind us that we have been logged out in our absence.

Of course another solution would to be to extend the time to 'some number of hours' but that could maybe start to require some serious bandwidth. BTW: if you do consider the latter, I would suggest, from my point of view, that 'some number' might be at least 4-8.

Quoto

I have been frustrated quite a few times by the automatic log out process here on the forums. I don't know how many people use their computer like I do but I would be surprised if it were only a few. When I log in and start to answer a question, I might get pulled away in the middle of answering it and sometimes (too often by my reckoning) when I come back, (partially) finish the answer and want to get a preview, everything 'disappears' when I click the 'Preview Post'.

The auto save helps sometimes, but when I've added a considerable amount while being logged out AND I don't know I'm logged out, auto save doesn't help.

So, if you are going to keep the auto log out time the same as it is, could you please do something to remind us that we have been logged out in our absence.

Of course another solution would to be to extend the time to 'some number of hours' but that could maybe start to require some serious bandwidth. BTW: if you do consider the latter, I would suggest, from my point of view, that 'some number' might be at least 4-8.

I get dumped by the system often. At least auto-save works for you.