Turning Something in Rational Exponent Form to its Radical Form

Cozio

I am stuck on a homework question and I am having a hard time figuring out what the answer is. I have tried getting help from friends and their answers are also coming up incorrect. This is my first time doing Algebra in 10 years so I have forgotten most of the formulas that were taught to me before. The problem is as follows: Here is the Rational Exponent Form-

(3ab)^3/4 (3ab in quotations to the 3/4 power)

The question is asking for me to turn problem which is in it's rational exponent form into it's radical form. I am completely lost and am getting nowhere. I really need someone to help explain it to me and not just give me an answer. Please and thank you! :)

-Constance (First time back in college in 10 years)

(I will attach a screen shot of the question from the homework as well...It is #9 on the screen shot
attachment.php
)

Attachments

• Algebra.jpg
    Algebra.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 16
I have tried getting help from friends and their answers are also coming up incorrect.
Fair warning: Some ("many"?) computer graders commonly mess up on complex math expressions, and nobody can figure out what the frick the thing is wanting for an answer.

Here is the Rational Exponent Form:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle (3ab)^{\frac{3}{4}}\)

...turn problem which is in it's rational exponent form into it's radical form. I am completely lost and am getting nowhere. I really need someone to help explain it to me...
There are many lessons available online; a listing of such can be found here. In general:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle x^{\frac{1}{n}}\, =\, \sqrt[n]{x\,}\)

...so that:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle x^{\frac{m}{n}}\, =\, \sqrt[n]{x^m\,}\)

Once you have ready at least two lessons from the listing, please attempt the exercise. If you get stuck, please reply showing your efforts so far. Thank you! ;)