a box

blink

hey. this is supposed to be easy but i cant figure it out.
A= x*x=x^2
O=x+x+x+x=4x
And i see 384/2 is 192. as faar as my brain could go xD
anyone can help?

task is
a box with a lid and a square base with edges x, and height h, the surface area 384dm ^ 2
a) show that the volume of the box can be written as V (x) = (x (192-x ^ x)) / 2
b) Determine the biggest volume a box like this can have

A= x*x=x^2
O=x+x+x+x=4x
anyone can help?

task is
a box with a lid and a square base with edges x, and height h, the surface area 384dm ^ 2
a) show that the volume of the box can be written as V (x) = (x (192-x ^ x)) / 2
Hi Blink

There is a lot here that I do not understand.

A = the surface area of the lid = the surface area of base.

And O seems to be the perimeter of the lid = the perimeter of the base. Not sure of its relevance.

What is d? What is m? Where did 384 come from?

Do they tell you to use a graphing calculator to determine the maximum volume? If not, what have they taught you in pre-algebra about maximization and minimization, issues that are usually taught in differential calculus.

Please give the problem EXACTLY as it was given to you.

it was given like this :D

it was given like this :D

That does not make sense!!

Please read your post and fix it.

A= x*x=x^2
O=x+x+x+x=4x
anyone can help?

task is
This is incorrect but I presume that the "x^x" is a typo. A box with edges of length x, x, and has volume \(\displaystyle x^2h\). Four of the faces have area xh and two have area \(\displaystyle x^2\) so the total surface area is \(\displaystyle 4xh+ 2x^2= 384\). You can write that as \(\displaystyle 4xh= 384- 2x^2\). Solve that for h and replace the h in \(\displaystyle x^2h\) with it.