A certain law in geometry

Welson

attachment.php

Translating the question : two circles one with a radius of 1 and one of a radius of 3 , the smaller is inside the bigger with the same center point , both areas between the angle alpha have the same angle which is alpha , we need to know the value of alpha ,

answer :
all circles are similar thus makes the ratio 1:3 ( radius /radius )
the ratio between masses is the square of that = 1/9 ( area/area )

now here is is where the mystery part came into place , I put 1/9 = a/360 this makes a=40 which is the right answer .
MY QUESTION : is there a law or anything that says there is a relationship between the ratio of masses in single two centered circles ( the parts with the same angle in this case alpha) and a/360 ? Or this was just a mere coincidence?
In a more general explanation

area 1 ( between angle alpha ) / area2(between angle alpha ) = alpha /360 ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 13
Translating the question : two circles one with a radius of 1 and one of a radius of 3 , the smaller is inside the bigger with the same center point , both areas between the angle alpha have the same angle which is alpha , we need to know the value of alpha ,
MY QUESTION : is there a law or anything that says there is a relationship between the ratio of masses in single two centered circles ( the parts with the same angle in this case alpha) and a/360 ? Or this was just a mere coincidence?
Not being entirely sure of your question, please look at this webpage.
Go down to the section on AREA. If you still have questions, please explain further.

Not being entirely sure of your question, please look at this webpage.
Go down to the section on AREA. If you still have questions, please explain further.

Sadly these these equations are in radian , the exam only invloves degrees ,

my question is , is there any relation between alpha in degrees and the ratio of masses ?

Sadly these these equations are in radian , the exam only invloves degrees ,
my question is , is there any relation between alpha in degrees and the ratio of masses ?

I don't know of a single serious mathematics that still uses degrees. If that is all you learn you be at a great disadvantage in the future. So just translate radian to degree.

I don't know of a single serious mathematics that still uses degrees. If that is all you learn you be at a great disadvantage in the future. So just translate radian to degree.
LOL , mate ... it's a S.A.T like exam , that every question should take 30-60 seconds .... U think I wouldn't use any advanced equations if I had the time ?
If you don't have anything useful to say , then don't .