A cylindrical glass of radius r and height L is filled with water and then tilted until the water remaining in the glass exactly covers its base

banhvantun

Please help me with this!
Cylinder Tilted Volume

"A cylindrical glass of radius r and height L is filled with water and then tilted until the water remaining in the glass exactly covers its base.

Determine a way to "slice" the water into parallel cross-sections that are trapezoids and then set up a definite integral for the volume of the water."

Can you please provide a solution to this problem? and if possible a diagram of your cross sections and computations ? Thanks

"A cylindrical glass of radius r and height L is filled with water and then tilted until the water remaining in the glass exactly covers its base.

Determine a way to "slice" the water into parallel cross-sections that are trapezoids and then set up a definite integral for the volume of the water."

Can you please provide a solution to this problem? and if possible a diagram of your cross sections and computations ? Thanks

I'm sorry but, as you learned when you read the "Read Before Posting" message, we don't do students' homework for them.

Please reply with a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Once we have that information, the helpers can begin to work with you. Thank you!

Please help me with this!
Cylinder Tilted Volume

It will help if you show us any thinking at all, so we can see if you understand the meaning of the problem. Even a wrong sketch can help.

Also, if you understand what this will look like, then there is a very easy way to find the volume of water without any calculus. You might do that first, in order to have an answer you can check.