A drop in temp of 5 degree F is like adding -5 degrees F to the temp. What is the temp written on integer

Dyesebel32

A drop in temperature of 5 degree F is like adding -5 degrees F to the temperature. What is the temperature written on integer

If that was the EXACT wording of the question - then it seems like nonsense.

A drop in temperature of 5 degree F is like adding -5 degrees F to the temperature. What is the temperature written on integer
The first sentence appears to be an attempt to make a general statement: subtracting 5 is equivalent to adding -5. (It isn't merely "like".)

The second sentence appears to be incomplete, and is not in natural English. Possibly it is supposed to be, "What is the temperature change, expressed as an integer?" I suppose the answer would be "-5". Or, there may have been more that you omitted, such as, "If the new temperature after the 5 degree drop was -3 degrees, what was the old temperature (as an integer)?"

Can you show us the entire problem, perhaps as an image of the paper?

The best I can make of it is that if the original temperature is "T", a drop of 5 degrees results in a temperature of T- 5= T+ (-5) degrees.

So the question is "what does 'on integer' mean?" It looks to me like this is a (poor) translation to English from a foreign language but it isn't clear whether it was the teacher or the poster that did the translation. I would think that the point was to make a distinction between "whole numbers" (the non-negative integers) and "integers" which includes the negative integers also.