A Forum Policy Discussion

Steven G

Elite Member
Hey guys I need help with this problem. If you are selected into a program that has 460 applicants and only 40 students got selected then what are your chances of being selected ?
Are you serious? The chance are <answer temporarily removed by moderator>.

Last edited by a moderator:
without any information we have to assume that the selection is random
Or, we could give the OP an opportunity to read the guidelines summary provided, post the information requested or reply with efforts. Any useful response to our instructions, really.

?

PS: We give students four days to respond, before posting answers, unless a tutor concludes that the exercise is not a school assignment. Did you conclude it's not schoolwork?

[imath]\;[/imath]

Or, we could give the OP an opportunity to read the guidlines summary, post the information requested in post#2 or respond with efforts. Any useful response, really.

?

PS: We give students four days to respond, before posting answers, unless a tutor concludes that the exercise is not a school assignment. Did you conclude it's not schoolwork?

[imath]\;[/imath]
The answer is just so obvious that I posted it.

The answer is just so obvious that I posted it.
Very well. I'll assume that your response to my direct question means 'no'.

Hence, my point is that the steps/answer may not be obvious to the OP. Maybe they are looking for help. This is a math help forum where we help students. We are unable to know what the OP knows, until they tell us. Please give students at least four days to respond before posting an answer and an additional three days before posting steps. (If you conclude that the exercise is not schoolwork, then you're free to post steps/answer immediately). Thank you!

?
[imath]\;[/imath]

Very well. I'll assume that your response to my direct question means 'no'.

Hence, my point is that the steps/answer may not be obvious to the OP. Maybe they are looking for help. This is a math help forum where we help students. We are unable to know what the OP knows, until they tell us. Please give students at least four days to respond before posting an answer and an additional three days before posting steps. (If you conclude that the exercise is not schoolwork, then you're free to post steps/answer immediately). Thank you!

?
[imath]\;[/imath]
OK, fine.