a simple question but i can't solve

sky31even

known conditions:
[math]P(b|a) = 0.6[/math][math]P(c|b) = 0.8[/math][math]P(c|\neg b) = 0.7[/math]
What I want to solve:
[math]P(b\cup c|a )[/math] (in the condition of "a" happen, at least one of b and c happen. )

I tried to break it up into:
[math]P(b|a) + P(c|a) - P(bc|a)[/math]
but the final part [imath]P(bc|a)[/imath] stuck me so long ...

known conditions:
[math]P(b|a) = 0.6[/math][math]P(c|b) = 0.8[/math][math]P(c|\neg b) = 0.7[/math]
What I want to solve:
[math]P(b\cup c|a )[/math] (in the condition of "a" happen, at least one of b and c happen. )

Hi @sky31even
Are the events independent?
I feel this is a smaller problem of a larger problem. The way you stated the problem seems incomplete.

What about [imath]P(c|a)[/imath] -- have you figured that one out?

known conditions:
What I want to solve:

I think at you may have dropped us into the middle of a larger question without stating the whole.
Have you given the exact statement of the entire question?
Can you prove that [imath]\mathcal{P}\left(A|B^c\right)=\dfrac{\mathcal{P}(A)-\mathcal{P}(A\cap B)}{1-\mathcal{P}(B)}~\bf?[/imath]

I think at you may have dropped us into the middle of a larger question without stating the whole.
Have you given the exact statement of the entire question?
Can you prove that [imath]\mathcal{P}\left(A|B^c\right)=\dfrac{\mathcal{P}(A)-\mathcal{P}(A\cap B)}{1-\mathcal{P}(B)}~\bf?[/imath]
I've confirmed twice with the guy give me this question and he said that's all the conditions we have.....

Not clarified those events are independent or not. All conditions listed.

What about [imath]P(c|a)[/imath] -- have you figured that one out?
I broke it down to [imath]P(c|b)*P(b|a)[/imath] at the first time when I tried it , and that has be challenged somewhere else, now I dont know how to figure out that part either ?

Hi @sky31even
Are the events independent?
I feel this is a smaller problem of a larger problem. The way you stated the problem seems incomplete.

there are no other condition = = I'm confused too.
The raw question is in natural language, and all I did is transforming them into the equation....
I've confirmed that indeed, they dont give any other condition.
BTW, not clarified those events are independent or not.