Absolute value and deriative question

shmurda34

123.png

\(\displaystyle \left|cos(\frac{3\pi}{2}) * cos(\theta)\right|\)

How can I get the derivative of this statement and how can I subtract it from absolute value? If the numbers are not understood |cos((3pi/2)*cos(theta))|

Last edited by a moderator:
First find where the argument of the absolute value is negative, and rewrite the absolute value as a piecewise function. Then differentiate with the chain rule.

What do you mean by "subtract it from absolute value"? Do you mean, perhaps, "eliminate the absolute value"?

Please refrain from posting the same problem in multiple locations (websites). This sort of behavior means, "My time is way more important than the time of the volunteers who might answer my question." Is this what you want to be saying?

Please refrain from posting any question, showing NO work of your own.

Last edited:
Does not concern you.I can ask the site I want.I wonder if they searched a lot when looking for such a moderator.

Does not concern you.I can ask the site I want.I wonder if they searched a lot when looking for such a moderator.
Your behavior - posting at multiple sites without showing an iota of work - tells us that you are probably just looking for the answer, without learning. We do not want to promote such behavior. Our suspicion may be wrong - you can prove us wrong by showing your work towards completion of this assignment.

By the way - be polite. Each volunteer in this site probably forgot more mathematics than you have touched. So if you are coming here begging for help - be polite..... and show work.

Yes, it does concern me. If I spend my VALUABLE volunteer time answering your question, only to find that some other volunteer has spent their VALUABLE time answering your question, one of us has wasted our VALUABLE time and it's your fault. True, you can be an arrogant jerk if you want. You can also learn to be a responsible citizen who realizes there are other people in the world. We are a resource to HELP you, not to be abused by you.

Please familiarize yourself with the forum guidelines: https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/

People spend time on your unnecessary words. I don't care about your forum or moderation. They answered because there are no people like you in another forum.You can ban, I don't need you.