advanced slide rule: convert from ht (mils) to dist. (yds)

brianf

Hi guys, this may not be a regular question, and is probably not in the correct forum.
I am a competitive long range rifle shooter. I would like to make a slide rule type of instrument that takes the known height of my target in mils (1 mil is approx 3.6" at 100yards) and converts it to the distance in yards.

It is a little more complicated than I though when I first started on it, and I really do not have the time to and probably the knowledge anymore to "play around with it".

There is a comparable type of instrument called the Mildot Master (can be bought online) but has the size in mils on the left hand side and is not a perfect match for my particular needs.

I would like to go from 6" to 10', and from 100 to 1500 yards approx.

Unlike the other product I would like the inches on the left side, Mils in the middle and the yardage/ answer on the right.

The math portion is rather simple, but it becomes difficult to have them all correlate. The spacing of the different scales becomes critically important, because 1, 2, or all three may have different spacing.

If you are not interested in this project, I would really appreciate it if you would steer me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time,

Brian Finamore

brianf@geminipharm.com

Commack, NY 11725