angle problem

matt000r000

i need a formula to find the measurement of angle A in triangle ABC on the coordinate plane. given: the coordinates of point A are (0,0).
any help will be greatly appreciated!

matt000r000 said:
i need a formula to find the measurement of angle A in triangle ABC on the coordinate plane. given: the coordinates of point A are (0,0).
any help will be greatly appreciated!

Please post the EXACT problem - as it is presented to you.

this isn't a problem out of a text book. i just need to know how to do it for programming on scratch.

What other information will you have other than vertex A is at the origin? Is one side on an axis? Is it a right triangle? Will you have the coordinates of the other vertices? Will you know the length of any of the sides? Knowing only that one vertex is at the origin, you have an infinite number of possibilities. Gotta have more info.

A unique triangle in space has six degrees of freedom - that means you need six pieces of information.

You were given two - co-ordinates of one of the vertices.

You need four more pieces of information.

matt000r000 said:
i just need to know how to do it for programming on scratch.
Whadda heck does that mean?!

To calculate angle A, you ALSO need the coordinates of B and C.

i figured it out. and i probably should have mentioned i know all the lengths. sorry.........mea culpa........ :(

p.s.
scratch is a proggraming language ceated by MIT. just google it. its really fun!

matt000r000 said:
i figured it out. and i probably should have mentioned i know all the lengths.

That still won't define a unique triangle in 2-D space.

Any triangle (with those 3 side length) - pinned at A (origin) and rotated around origin will satisfy those conditions.

sorry.........mea culpa........ :(

p.s.
scratch is a proggraming language ceated by MIT. just google it. its really fun!