angular velocity and rate of turn

andrew_2992

Hello all, I'm trying to do some simple calculations to determine if a motorcycle can complete a turn with a known distance and angle.

The motorcycles front wheel will turn 2 degrees. The motorcycle will travel 20 m/s. The turn angle is 180 degrees, and the length of the turn is 120 m. Will the motorcycle be able to turn 180 degrees before it reaches the end of the 120m turn?

Thanks,
-Andrew

Hello all, I'm trying to do some simple calculations to determine if a motorcycle can complete a turn with a known distance and angle.

The motorcycles front wheel will turn 2 degrees. The motorcycle will travel 20 m/s. The turn angle is 180 degrees, and the length of the turn is 120 m. Will the motorcycle be able to turn 180 degrees before it reaches the end of the 120m turn?

Thanks,
-Andrew

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

What physics equations have you been given to apply? What assumptions are you supposed to make? For instance, this homework exercise is asking something which involves a changing velocity, due to the change in direction. But what is the mass of the object? What is the acceleration? And so forth.

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your efforts so far. Thank you! ;)