avg q9(ii)

Saumyojit

Screenshot (312).png

in q48 , Ganguly has scored 24 runs ( 4 runs * 6 ) ; Kumble has scored 6.6 runs ~~ 7 runs ( 3.3 overs * 2 runs ) , Harbhajan has scored 8.1 runs ~~ 8 runs ( 2.7 overs * 3 runs ) , Srinath has scored 5.1 runs ~5 runs ( 1.7 overs * 3 runs ) , Yohannan has scored 6.6 runs ~~ 7runs ( 3.3 overs * 2 runs )

Total Runs = 212 + ( 24 + 7 + 8 + 5 + 7 ) = 263

When sachin comes out to bat maximum score by then , 360 - 263 = 97 runs

97 is the minimum no of runs that is scored before sachin came which is the answer to q49 not 48 !!

View attachment 30430

in q48 , Ganguly has scored 24 runs ( 4 runs * 6 ) ; Kumble has scored 6.6 runs ~~ 7 runs ( 3.3 overs * 2 runs ) , Harbhajan has scored 8.1 runs ~~ 8 runs ( 2.7 overs * 3 runs ) , Srinath has scored 5.1 runs ~5 runs ( 1.7 overs * 3 runs ) , Yohannan has scored 6.6 runs ~~ 7runs ( 3.3 overs * 2 runs )

Total Runs = 212 + ( 24 + 7 + 8 + 5 + 7 ) = 263

When sachin comes out to bat maximum score by then , 360 - 263 = 97 runs

97 is the minimum no of runs that is scored before sachin came which is the answer to q49 not 48 !!
I'll repeat my questions from the other thread.
1) I do not entirely understand what the question is asking. Sanchin Tendulkar has already been batting and scored 212 runs. Why is the question asking: "What could be the max/min score at which Tendulkar could have come into bat?"

2) What does the "for 5" in the answer choice mean?
3) You rounded the numbers again before the final answer. Assuming your logic is correct, the answer is 97.67 which rounds up to 98.

Last edited:
I do not entirely understand what the question is asking. Sanchin Tendulkar has already been batting and scored 212 runs. Why is the question asking: "What could be the max/min score at which Tendulkar could have come into bat?"
Mine has come 97 runs which is the answer for q49 not 48

It asks about what is the score before Sachin step up to bat . Best case is maximum and worst case is minimum which is 97

What does the "for 5" in the answer choice mean?
5 wickets have fallen before Sachin step up to bat

You rounded the numbers again before the final answer. Assuming your logic is correct, the answer is 97.67 which rounds up to 98.

I can round whenever runs are in decimal places . Kumble has scored 2runs per over . So in 3.3 overs he scored
6.6 runs ~~ 7 runs.

See the eg in original Main paragraph which is somewhere in my last thread! See they have rounded up after runs are multiplied by overs.

Last edited:
Mine has come 97 runs which is the answer for q49 not 48

It asks about what is the score before Sachin step up to bat . Best case is maximum and worst case is minimum which is 97

5 wickets have fallen before Sachin step up to bat

I can round whenever runs are in decimal places . Kumble has scored 2runs per over . So in 3.3 overs he scored
6.6 runs ~~ 7 runs.

See the eg in original Main paragraph which is somewhere in my last thread! See they have rounded up after runs are multiplied by overs.
You've solved for the following inequality [math]360 \le \text{score of the first 5 wickets} +263 \Rightarrow 97\le \text{score of the first 5 wickets}[/math]Using a similar idea, what would be the upper bound?
[math]\text{score of the first 5 wickets} +263 \le ?[/math]

Last edited:
The main answer is what the Saumyojit answered above, making all the calculations and linking all the overs and innings of Sachin with his partners and the total partnership that scored 212.

The fall of wicket means the person got out, which is between the number of partnerships listed above, which is between Das and Dasgupta, the first one, 2nd one is among the Das and Dravid after the Dasgupta is out, then starts the partnership of the Dravid and Laxman, followed by the Dravid and Sehwag which is carried out next by the Dravid and Ganguly, after the respective partner lost his wicket and when the Sachin comes to bat, he partners up with the Ganguly who hasn't lost his wicket and is in the field holding his position, where Sachin holds his position for almost till the end of the match while continuing his partnership with several batters till the innings is over, and the batsman is out.

And the answer for q49:

The score limits when Sachin can come and take the lead depending upon the batsman's performance. The total score achieved by the team is 360 giving the ultimate final of all the team performance. This also allows us to calculate the Sachin's joining the field at 97, and the score at that time would be 97, picking the Sachin performance and score, and for the maximum score could be any hit limit, it all depends upon the performance of the team.