Basic Email Service

Otis

Elite Member
I had to dump Chrome awhile back because it increasingly refused to display web pages. The developers claim to have been "protecting" my personal information or to have seen "unusual activity" on my network. (How could NBC News be trying to get my social security or credit card numbers, as I read news articles? That makes no sense! And, frankly, I have no control over how AT&T's network appears to Gmail developers, nor do I care. That network serves me fine, with everyone else.)

Now, Gmail has become problematic. Repeated, false error messages, inconsistent access, several lost attachments, corrupted older messages, text bleeds off the display too often and it's VERY slow to load these days. It's time to dump Gmail, too.

Does anyone have experience with ProtonMail? It seems decent, from what I've read online; however, reports of past denial-of-service attacks concern me.

I also have an account at Yahoo!, but I haven't used their email service.

I've found other services through web searching, yet there isn't much written about them.

If you have experience with or alternate suggestions for free, basic, reliable email service (without bloated bells and whistles), please post it.

Cheers ?

When trying to log in, gmail has been telling me since last Thursday afternoon that my email account is "temporarily unavailable".

(I wonder what 'temporarily' means to them.)

They do provide a link, for "technical details". When I click it, the following detailed information is displayed:

Numeric code 4

Yay?

?

I still use aol (I inherited the account from my great-grandfather who used it during the Civil War to write home to the folks). No has made any enhancements to it in decades so it still works.