Basic stats questions

zodd098

Hi, I'm a college freshman conducting a sociological research and I'm trying to get a grasp on basic statistics, specifically probability. I never did it in highschool. I learn well by examples, so can anyone please solve these samples for me with explanations? I'd be very thankful! :)
a.,
Two dice are rolled, find the probability that the sum is equal to 5.
b.,
A die is rolled and a coin is tossed, find the probability that the die shows an even number and the
coin shows a head.
c.,
On a lottery ticket players have to mark five numbers out of the numbers 1, 2, 3, …, 90. At the weekly
lottery show, the five winning numbers for that week are publicly drawn.
What is the probability that the first 2 numbers will be less than 45.

Hi, I'm a college freshman conducting a sociological research and I'm trying to get a grasp on basic statistics, specifically probability. I never did it in highschool. I learn well by examples, so can anyone please solve these samples for me with explanations? I'd be very thankful! :)
a.,
Two dice are rolled, find the probability that the sum is equal to 5.
b.,
A die is rolled and a coin is tossed, find the probability that the die shows an even number and the
coin shows a head.
c.,
On a lottery ticket players have to mark five numbers out of the numbers 1, 2, 3, …, 90. At the weekly
lottery show, the five winning numbers for that week are publicly drawn.
What is the probability that the first 2 numbers will be less than 45.
Since you learn well by examples - did you do a "google" search of the topic.

I did - with search words "probability rolling die" and I got ~64 million hits. On the top, there were 4 excellent videos. Watch those for examples.

Assuming it is a 6-faced regular (unbiased) die - how many "different" outcomes (display of dots on each "up" face) can you expect?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Please tell us if you did not "understand" something in those videos.