Mampac

hey everyone,
please help.

i don't even know how to start

Attachments

• binomial.JPG
    binomial.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 11
You have to try something! Did you try to expand the lhs? Can you find 63 factors that are greater than 25?

Thank you for the exact statement of the problem. In this case, it would have helped had you said what you were studying currently. I am going to guess that it is the binomial expansion and provide a BIG hint.

[MATH](a + b)^m = \sum_{j=0}^m \dbinom{m}{j} * a^j * b^{(m-j)}[/MATH].

Have you ever seen that?

There is a special case

[MATH](1 + b)^m = \sum_{j=0}^m \dbinom{m}{j} * 1^j * b^{(m-j)} = \sum_{j=0}^m \dbinom{m}{j} * b^{(m-j)} = \sum_{k=0}^m \dbinom{m}{k} * b^k.[/MATH]
Can you justify EACH of those steps?

Now do you see something in your problem that looks like that final expression?

Thank you for the exact statement of the problem. In this case, it would have helped had you said what you were studying currently. I am going to guess that it is the binomial expansion and provide a BIG hint.

[MATH](a + b)^m = \sum_{j=0}^m \dbinom{m}{j} * a^j * b^{(m-j)}[/MATH].

Have you ever seen that?

There is a special case

[MATH](1 + b)^m = \sum_{j=0}^m \dbinom{m}{j} * 1^j * b^{(m-j)} = \sum_{j=0}^m \dbinom{m}{j} * b^{(m-j)} = \sum_{k=0}^m \dbinom{m}{k} * b^k.[/MATH]
Can you justify EACH of those steps?

Now do you see something in your problem that looks like that final expression?
I was thinking (1+1)^n would help but quickly ruled that out. Why did I not then think of (1+b)^n? I wish I could think better!

I was thinking (1+1)^n would help but quickly ruled that out. Why did I not then think of (1+b)^n? I wish I could think better!
Most days you have the insight. On a rare day, I do.