Boolean Algebra Question

nidara1

Can someone help me understand the logic of the question, how to generate the truth table for it.

Given a Boolean function ?(?, ?, ?) such that ?(?, ?, ?) = 1 if the binary number ??? divides 36,
and ?(?, ?, ?) = 0 otherwise:

Can someone help me understand the logic of the question, how to generate the truth table for it.

Given a Boolean function ?(?, ?, ?) such that ?(?, ?, ?) = 1 if the binary number ??? divides 36,
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Is this the exact and complete wording of the problem as given to you? I suppose it's followed by questions that you assume you can answer if you can make a truth table.

It sounds like they are equating the binary digits 0 and 1 to the Boolean values 0 and 1, in order to call this a Boolean function. So for example, since the number 1002 = 4 divides 36, g(1, 0, 0) = 1; and since the number 1012 = 5 does not divide 36, g(1, 0, 1) = 0.

Does that help?

Is this the exact and complete wording of the problem as given to you? I suppose it's followed by questions that you assume you can answer if you can make a truth table.

It sounds like they are equating the binary digits 0 and 1 to the Boolean values 0 and 1, in order to call this a Boolean function. So for example, since the number 1002 = 4 divides 36, g(1, 0, 0) = 1; and since the number 1012 = 5 does not divide 36, g(1, 0, 1) = 0.

Does that help?
yes it does, thank you