Business math: relative max/min; demand eqn; demand & cost fcns; deriv. of cont. fcn

Kary921

Business math: relative max/min; demand eqn; demand & cost fcns; deriv. of cont. fcn

Hi everyone .. i have 6 business math questions .. i tried to solve but most of them i have final check i did my best but couldn't solve only half of question

Please check attachments

Q1: [illegible]

Q2: The demand equation for a certain commodity is given by the following equation:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle p\, =\, \dfrac{1}{12}\, x^2\, -\, 24x\, +\, 1728,\, 0\, \leq\, x\, \leq\, 144\)

Find x and the corresponding price p that maximize revenue.

Q3: [illegible]

Q4: [illegible]

Q5: Test for relative maxima and minima. Use the Second Derivative Test, if possible.

. . . . .\(\displaystyle y\, =\, \dfrac{1}{3}\, x^3\, -\, 2x^2\, +\, 3x\, +\, 5\)

Q6: Test for relative maxima and minima. Use the Second Derivative Test, if possible.

. . . . .\(\displaystyle y\, =\, x^3\, -\, 3x\, +\, 6\)

Attachments

• r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone .. i have 6 business math questions .. i tried to solve but most of them i have final check i did my best but couldn't solve only half of question

Please check attachments

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

i have 6 business math questions .. i tried to solve but most of them...

Q1: [illegible]

Q2: The demand equation for a certain commodity is given by the following equation:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle p\, =\, \dfrac{1}{12}\, x^2\, -\, 24x\, +\, 1728,\, 0\, \leq\, x\, \leq\, 144\)

Find x and the corresponding price p that maximize revenue.

Q3: [illegible]

Q4: [illegible]

Q5: Test for relative maxima and minima. Use the Second Derivative Test, if possible.

. . . . .\(\displaystyle y\, =\, \dfrac{1}{3}\, x^3\, -\, 2x^2\, +\, 3x\, +\, 5\)

Q6: Test for relative maxima and minima. Use the Second Derivative Test, if possible.

. . . . .\(\displaystyle y\, =\, x^3\, -\, 3x\, +\, 6\)
I have typed out the text of the two questions which can be read. I can find no work in what you've posted.

Please reply with the full and exact text of the remaining exercises, along with a complete listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. (Only by seeing your work, can we possibly check your work. For those questions on which you are unable even to get started, we'll be glad to try to find lesson links, so you can learn the underlying material.)

Thank you! ;)