Calc 2 help

tatem21

Find a set of parametric equations for the rectangular equation that satisfies the given condition: a. y = x + 3, t = 2 at the point: (3, 6)

Find a set of parametric equations for the rectangular equation that satisfies the given condition: a. y = x + 3, t = 2 at the point: (3, 6)
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

This needs some interpretation; it's not exactly the clearest problem I've seen. But I do wish you'd said whether it's what it means, or something else, that leads you to ask for help. That's part of what we ask you to do, so we can help you as effectively as possible.

But as I read it, you are given the rectangular equation y = x + 3, and are asked to write a set of parametric equations such that for t = 2, you get the point (3, 6). (Note that it is not "the" set; there are many possible answers, though one may be most natural.)

Do you understand what that means? You need to create functions f and g so that if

x = f(t)​
y = g(t)​

then f(2) = 3, g(2) = 6, and g(t) = f(t) + 3 for all t.

Can you do that, or at least make an attempt so we can see where you need help? I'd start by making the simplest possible function f.

So what you're going to do is use point-slope form to find the equation. Your point is (3,6), your slope is dy/dx. Find this by taking the derivative d/dt of both sides of the equation and then dividing both sides by dx/dt to get (dy/dt)/(dx/dt). they its y-y1=dy/dx(x-x1)