Calc Text Problem

Four

A brand-new car with 0 KM of usage cost $22.000. ( Note for the reader )

A seller is selling his car with 2800km of usage, the buyer is willing to pay $17.800.
A day passes by and now the car has 3400km of usage, how much will the buyer pay now ?

How the do you solve this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
A brand-new car with 0 KM of usage cost $22.000. ( Note for the reader )

A seller is selling his car with 2800km of usage, the buyer is willing to pay $17.800.
A day passes by and now the car has 3400km of usage, how much will the buyer pay now ?

How the do you solve this ?
How much "$ reduction" was demanded for "how many km usage"?

Assume proportional reduction - and calculate.....

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.​

How do you solve this?

We play a game here on this forum. You show us your work, we tell you what mistake(s), if any, you made and you try to fix the error(s) and post back. If you play the game until the end you will win since you would have done the problem on your own. So please post back showing us your work instead of thinking that we'll just solve the problem for you. Thanks!

You are given two data points, (0 km, $20,000) and (2800 km, $17,800). What kind of function is determinesdby 2 by two data points? What kind of geometric figure is determined by 2 points?

Find the function, f(x), determined by those two data points. Then what is f(3400)?

It seems to me that this is a depreciation problem, and I've heard there are multiple ways to depreciate an item. The linear method is one, and it makes sense; but if you're calling this advanced math, you should know better than to assume something like that.

How do we know the price doesn't depend on both time and mileage, for example? Or that it might be proportional to the expected mileage remaining, rather than the depreciation being proportional to miles used? The main reason I see for going with the linear depreciation some have suggested is that you aren't given enough data to solve it if you don't. I really don't like it when math is taught that way.

Is there any context to the problem that tells you how to extrapolate here? What course are you taking, and what topic is this under? And what does the "note for the reader" tell you?