calculate the value for P(t)?

raven2k7

hi, so i am stuck at this particular point where it says that *t* indicates the number of days passed since the beginning. now, the questions are, what population was there at the beginning of the study and which will be there at the end of the week. the answers are suppose to be (a) 2000 and (b) 1589 . i will upload my working and question . thanks

Attachments

• población.png
    población.png
    556.1 KB · Views: 15
  • polación intent.jpg
    polación intent.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 15
Not sure what you are trying to do but all you need to do is substitute t=0 into the equation for (1) because at the beginning time is 0.
For(2) you need to sub in t=7 (7 days have passed in a week).
Your answer will be in thousands (miles) - i think miles is 1000s in Spanish?

hi, so i am stuck at this particular point where it says that *t* indicates the number of days passed since the beginning. now, the questions are, what population was there at the beginning of the study and which will be there at the end of the week. the answers are suppose to be (a) 2000 and (b) 1589 .

Your work appears to be for part (c), which you didn't ask us about, namely about the limit of this function.

You have been told what to do for parts (a) and (b), which are very simple: P(0) and P(7), multiplied by 1000. The answers provided are correct, rounded to the nearest whole number.

Not sure what you are trying to do but all you need to do is substitute t=0 into the equation for (1) because at the beginning time is 0.
For(2) you need to sub in t=7 (7 days have passed in a week).
Your answer will be in thousands (miles) - i think miles is 1000s in Spanish?
Indeed it is.