Calculating a volume of an object using ratio (ratios given for slopes on parts of ramp construction)

Indraenk

Can someone help me understand how I’m supposed to calculate the measurements using ratio? I need to find the volume of the object.IMG_7114.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone help me understand how I’m supposed to calculate the measurements using ratio? I need to find the volume of the object.View attachment 37067

According to Google Translate, "Wie viel boden sind fur die auffahrtrampe" means "How much ground is there for the access ramp?" So are you needing to find the area of the part of the ramp on which wheelchairs can be rolled? Or something else?

Also, some of the labelling on the figure is of the form "4.20" (that is, there's a decimal point) while some is of the form "2:1" (that is, with a colon). Are the decimal-point numbers actual lengths, while the colon numbers are ratios? So, for instance, "2:1" means that the sides of the ramp slope away from the actual surface of the ramp at two meters sideways for each one meter down?

Also, if you're supposed to be finding volumes, wouldn't you need an indication of how far past the ramp's head that you're supposed to go?

Thank you!

As I take it, you are asked for the volume of material to be added to make this ramp (that is, not including the sloped edge of the platform to which it leads). That is, the volume of the polyhedron with the edges shown, including the red and yellow edges that I presume already exist:

1707182092213.png

I assume the ratios marked are slopes, and the far side of the ramp mirrors the near side (slope 2:1).

Please tell us what you have learned, that this question is intended to make you use. Do you have formulas for prisms and pyramids, for example? If so, you might divide the volume up like this, making vertical slices through the sides of the top of the ramp:

1707182337928.png