Calculator recommendations

RayM

Dear All,
It is getting to the stage where my Casio fx992s needed a replacing (the display is dropping more and more digit lines :-( ). This calculator got me through my A-levels, and well beyond and I think I had a Casio previous to this.
Having not needed to look at another model of calculator for 25 years I am behind on what's out there and a search shows so much choice.
Preferably I'd like another Casio and I don't mind some of the advanced functions on them now a days, but I don't want to go full graphical, though some simple plotting may be ok.
I am coming around to CASIO FX-991EX but without getting hold of one physically I don't know from the description what the differences are to others on the market.
So, does anybody have any recommendations on what to go for next after the fx-991s, or have a comparison table that would show the differences in similar makes and models?
I don't need it for exams, only for home use, so I have no examination board restrictions.
Many thanks in advance.
R

I really don't work with Casios that often, but I like the TI line. The Casio fx-991EX is roughly equivalent to a TI-36X Pro. This is a scientific calculator so there probably aren't many business calculation features. But for a non-graphing calculator this is probably as good as it gets. (I admit, I didn't check out the HPs. They usually have a pretty good line also.)

-Dan

I got the Nspire CAS back in high school and never looked back. It can solve algebra equations in no time and even does systems of equations. It can also compute n-th degree derivatives and finite/infinite/improper integrals. I never had issues with professors "not allowing it" on exams and it has been a lifesaver. I'll carry it into my professional career confidently.
Anything you're not allowed to bring into an exam is a waste of money. Outside of exams you have laptop/matlab/wolfram, so anything fancy is a waste, again.
That said, I like my Casio fx-991EX and even that is often not strictly allowed...