Calcululus/financial maths

Karabo

The rate of change of the value of an investment, S, with respect to time, t ≥ 0, is given by dS dt =1000r 10ert/100, where r is the annual interest rate (assumed constant) and the principal of the investment is S(0) = 10 000.

(a) Find an expression for S(t), that is, the value of the investment at time t.

(b) Verify that your expression for S(t) is correct by computing S(t).

(c) Explain why S(t) is continuous for t ≥ 0.

(d) Determine, by computing lim t→∞S(t), what would happen to the value of the investment if t were to grow without bound. Interpret the result.
(e) How long would it take for the value of the investment to be exactly 15 000?

The rate of change of the value of an investment, S, with respect to time, t ≥ 0, is given by dS dt =1000r 10ert/100, where r is the annual interest rate (assumed constant) and the principal of the investment is S(0) = 10 000.

(a) Find an expression for S(t), that is, the value of the investment at time t.

(b) Verify that your expression for S(t) is correct by computing S(t).

(c) Explain why S(t) is continuous for t ≥ 0.

(d) Determine, by computing lim t→∞S(t), what would happen to the value of the investment if t were to grow without bound. Interpret the result.
(e) How long would it take for the value of the investment to be exactly 15 000?
Please check your equation for correctness. As displayed in the post - it does not make sense. May be you could post a picture of your assignment for better clarity.

In addition, please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

This is the picture if the assignment i am still working on my answers then i will post my progress here because i am not really sure how to tackle the question

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604-123410-1.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-123410-1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 5
This is the picture if the assignment i am still working on my answers then i will post my progress here because i am not really sure how to tackle the question
Tackle the questions as those are given to you. For 1(a), you need to integrate \(\displaystyle \frac{dS}{dt}\) to calculate expression for S.

1591352336382.png

continue.....

This is what i have done first

Attachments

• 20200605_144300.jpg
    20200605_144300.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 6