Calculus and Trig Problem?

Metume

Hello, I have been at this problem for days now I am don’t know how to solve with calculus, I am supposed to solve how calculus can be applied here ;-;. Help and a thorough explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 880CD126-7922-48C1-B9AF-0EFDB843562C.jpeg

Make a sketch, label fixed and variable lengths, then set up an equation using a trig ratio.

Differentiate implicitly w/respect to time.

Hello, I have been at this problem for days now I am don’t know how to solve with calculus, I am supposed to solve how calculus can be applied here ;-;. Help and a thorough explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! View attachment 27810
If I were to do this problem, I would first:

Sketch the situation (will be triangle/s) approximately and assign name/s to the appropriate part/s.

Which angle (referring to the sketch) is the angle of elevation?

Post (a photograph of) the sketch

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this problem​

Hello, I have been at this problem for days now I am don’t know how to solve with calculus, I am supposed to solve how calculus can be applied here ;-;. Help and a thorough explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! View attachment 27810
Thai’s is what I have so far:
Make a sketch, label fixed and variable lengths, then set up an equation using a trig ratio.

Differentiate implicitly w/respect to time.
BE2A99A7-34AF-4BE7-B78A-6A4039E514D4.jpeg

[MATH]\theta[/MATH] is a variable.

[MATH]\cot{\theta} = \dfrac{x}{5000}[/MATH]
Take the derivative w/respect to time, then substitute the given values for [MATH]\theta[/MATH] and [MATH]\frac{d\theta}{dt}[/MATH].

Finally, solve for [MATH]\frac{dx}{dt}[/MATH].

The angle is NOT pi/4! The angle is changing! You are giving information about when the angle is pi/4.
Set up your equation with the angle being say theta, not the constant pi/4. See where you can go from there.
This is what skeeter suggested.

[MATH]\theta[/MATH] is a variable.

[MATH]\cot{\theta} = \dfrac{x}{5000}[/MATH]
Take the derivative w/respect to time, then substitute the given values for [MATH]\theta[/MATH] and [MATH]\frac{d\theta}{dt}[/MATH].

Finally, solve for [MATH]\frac{dx}{dt}[/MATH].
Thank you

The angle is NOT pi/4! The angle is changing! You are giving information about when the angle is pi/4.
Set up your equation with the angle being say theta, not the constant pi/4. See where you can go from there.
This is what skeeter suggested.
Thank you