Calculus help for a guy who last took it 3 years ago.

shadow888

I last took a calculus class my first year of college and thought I was done with all my math credit but lol and behold I need 1 more math class so I want to get a head start and start restudying it. I stumbled upon a problem with u substitution I cannot solve any help is appreciated. It is part b of the picture. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 13
I last took a calculus class my first year of college and thought I was done with all my math credit but lol and behold I need 1 more math class so I want to get a head start and start restudying it. I stumbled upon a problem with u substitution I cannot solve any help is appreciated. It is part b of the picture. Thanks.
I don't believe either of those is meant to be done by u-substitution. Please show us the entire problem including instructions, and tell us where it came from.

I don't believe either of those is meant to be done by u-substitution. Please show us the entire problem including instructions, and tell us where it came from.
Actually, though I don't think it's your basic u-substitution problem, I notice that if you let u equal one of the radicals, something interesting will happen, which may lead to something useful in solving the definite integral. I haven't tried it to see if I'm right, but give it a try.

And, again, showing us the context might help.