can do substitution, but need help with elimination

RicanGurl

Anywhere I can find help on elimination, thats givin me issues. I know how to do substitution, but the elimination problems, some are hard. Any one know what section on here I should go for help?

I really need helping figuring it out. Like someone put a problem, i'll do it, and then the person who posted, tells me if my answer is right or wrong and why...

thank you

Let's see a problem exactly as presented in the book (or wherever) and show what you have done so far.

Re: ELIMINATION

RicanGurl said:
Anywhere I can find help on elimination, thats givin me issues. I know how to do substitution, but the elimination problems, some are hard. Any one know what section on here I should go for help?

I really need helping figuring it out. Like someone put a problem, i'll do it, and then the person who posted, tells me if my answer is right or wrong and why...

thank you

We don't teach material - sorry :(

Provide us with a problem that you are having problems on and we will gladly assist you! :D

Thanks!
John

what would be the answere?
{2x + 3y = 0}
{7x = 3(2y) + 3}

by elimination

fsu said:
what would be the answere?
{2x + 3y = 0}
{7x = 3(2y) + 3}

by elimination

{2x + 3y = 0}
{7x - 6y = 3}

multiply one of the equations by a value so that the x or y terms from each equation are the same:

3y =/ -6y, but it is if you multiply the first equation by -2

add or subtract and then solve for one variable at a time.

{2x + 3y = 0}
{7x - 6y = 3}

Easier if you multiply 1st equation by 2; then you have:
4x + 6y = 0
7x - 6y = 3

Now add 'em up

RicanGurl said:
Anywhere I can find help on elimination.... Like someone put a problem, i'll do it, and then the person who posted, tells me if my answer is right or wrong and why.
I'm sorry, but we cannot teach (or write) lessons, nor create worksheets or test-prep materials.

If you need lessons (with loads of worked examples that you can try yourself), then please use some of the many resources available online:

. . . . .Google results for "solve system elimination"

If you want to work through particular exercise, then I'm sure your book has loads from which to choose. Please pick one, and reply showing all of your work and reasoning. Thank you! :D

Eliz.