Can I have help with this 1 algebra problem for audio frequency conversion table

Shaun Philip Hirsch

Background:
Can I have help with this algebra problem for audio frequency conversion table.
Hey, I have been thinking about how to write something to transpose audio data and would really appreciate any help. I'm not doing math's anymore, so I don't really have a good understanding of how to reach my goal calculation. Please help.

Intro:
They are meant to be graphed; my original calculation did not have the /x so it was a parabola concave up in both, but the second one "z" is the octave of the original sample audio.
simple problem is octave -> converted to frequency -> frequency of first graph by finding the difference as a formula.

Non curve:
y=(-(x^2-xb)/x) = Desired Destination values a flat line with each segment the same rise in frequency.
z=12(-((x^2)
/x))

Curve/parabola:
y=-(x^2-xb)
z=12(-(x^2))

now the thing I'm trying to find out is y-z simplified a bit but I also have to state that y is "Hz" not octaves, so, z^2 non curve is equal to the graph of Hz by octave. Because the Hz in an octave increases exponentially, music is defined differently than if it were made of sections of equal Hz parts one note is not the same Hz pattern as another, if you cut segments of an exponential curve you don't get a section with the same start and end frequency, unless you have 0 Hz which is not sound obviously.

I was never good at algebra so don't hesitate to tell me I did the whole thing wrong so far.Screenshot (1).png

Please state your problem in order, starting from the beginning. What are you given, and what do you want to find, and how are they related? Don't assume we know what you are thinking. As it is, I have no idea what you are doing.

Please state your problem in order, starting from the beginning. What are you given, and what do you want to find, and how are they related? Don't assume we know what you are thinking. As it is, I have no idea what you are doing.

Given
z=12(-(x^2))
y=-(x^2-xb)

Simplify
(y-z)/x
into one formula, no reference to "z =12(-(x^2))"

then
graph y-z

I think.

x=Hz

z=octave by x Hz

R=-(x^2-xb)/x