Can someone check my explanation for matrices

jasmeetcolumbia98

Explaining how a matrix determinant to it's triangular form makes it's evaluation simpler
Since we add rows and columns to a matrix multiplied by scalers to each others, the value of the determinant is unaffected but calculations are made simpler.
Hence for a 3x3 matrix for instance a lot of computation may be involved and to reduce this row and column operations can be used to change certain entries of the matrix into zeros

I'm not sure what else to write here

Explaining how a matrix determinant to it's triangular form makes it's evaluation simpler
Since we add rows and columns to a matrix multiplied by scalers to each others, the value of the determinant is unaffected but calculations are made simpler.
Hence for a 3x3 matrix for instance a lot of computation may be involved and to reduce this row and column operations can be used to change certain entries of the matrix into zeros

I'm not sure what else to write here
Please post the EXACT question (verbatim).

As posted, it does not make sense to me.

I wonder what is meant by "its evaluation" for a matrix! What do you mean by the "evaluation" of a matrix?

This was the OP:
Explaining how a matrix determinant to it's triangular form makes it's evaluation simpler.
Clearly a poorly constructed English sentence. I assume that it means the following:
Explain how reducing a square matrix to triangular form makes evaluating its determinate easier.
MSP113511h4624112422f7g000041acii136cbf35gb.gif
If my interpenetration is correct then finding the determinate of \(U\) is easy.

This was the OP:
Explaining how a matrix determinant to it's triangular form makes it's evaluation simpler.
Clearly a poorly constructed English sentence. I assume that it means the following:
Explain how reducing a square matrix to triangular form makes evaluating its determinate easier.
View attachment 19194
If my interpenetration is correct then finding the determinate of \(U\) is easy.
original question is in the screenshot listed above
Yeah that makes sense

If you are just to "explain" it, why not begin by explaining why the determinant of an upper triangular matrix is trivial to calculate? Then explain how each row operation changes the value of the determinant of the matrix in a simple way? Then describe how a difficult to evaluate determinant becomes easy to evaluate by a sequence of row ops to triangular form on the matrix, keeping track of how each row op changes its value to the final easily calculated value.