Can you solve a few questions

ozgunozgur

Hello, I am a marine student and I need to take differential equations course but I don't have a lot of information about it. This is my most important questions about it. Can you help me to solve them please. Please you draw.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    21 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.png
    2.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.png
    3.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.png
    4.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 5
This is 1.a., please solve like this.

Attachments

• 1346d043-e5bf-421b-aad5-a08d95eb0d52.jpg
    1346d043-e5bf-421b-aad5-a08d95eb0d52.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 6
Sorry but this is a math help site, not a free homework service.
If you had read the posting guidelines for this forum you would have known that you need to state where you are stuck and what you have tried.
Please read the posting guideline and post a reply following them.

I am a bit confused. You are given

[MATH]y’’ - 8y’ + 16 = 0[/MATH]
and you are given an explanation in post 2 of how to solve it. You are not asking for the solution or for an explanation. Rather you are asking for a more comprehensible explanation.

Let’s start here. Can you solve this:

[MATH]y” - 9y’ + 20y = 0.[/MATH]

All of these are linear differential equations. Some have constant coefficients, some have variable coefficients. Some are "homogeneous", some are "inhomogeneous". They are in any case the very first kind of problems one meets in an introductory differential equations course. Yet you seem to be saying you have never seen such equations! Are you taking an introductory differential equation course? Do you not have a textbook? Do you know what the "characteristic equation" is? Do you know about "Euler type" or "equipotential equations"?