Challenge - or - Not(split from http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/90247-Math-

Oh, I think it was mildly challenging! I did it using "Venn Diagrams".

You may have made a joke, but I made an edit clarifying that none of us should
work out the problem for the student and show the work in a post for the student,
because it is not a challenge problem.

Last edited:
WARNING: Beer soaked rambling/opinion/observation/reckoning ahead. Read at your own risk. Not to be taken seriously. In no event shall the wandering math knight-errant Sir jonah in his inebriated state be liable to anyone for special, collateral, incidental, or consequential damages in connection with or arising out of the use of his beer (and tequila) powered views.
Oh, I think it was mildly challenging! I did it using "Venn Diagrams".
You may have made a joke, but I made an edit clarifying that none of us should
do the problem, because it is not a challenge problem.
Bless you Sir lookagain!
You perceive a joke in Sir HallsofIvy's post where my "euphoric" brain sees none.
Wouldst thou care to point out where lies the joke?

I'm wondering why the fact that this is NOT a "challenge problem" means I cannot do the problem! (Note that I did not post the solution.)

WARNING: Beer soaked rambling/opinion/observation/reckoning ahead. Read at your own risk. Not to be taken seriously. In no event shall the wandering math knight-errant Sir jonah in his inebriated state be liable to anyone for special, collateral, incidental, or consequential damages in connection with or arising out of the use of his beer (and tequila) powered views.

Bless you Sir lookagain!
You perceive a joke in Sir HallsofIvy's post where my "euphoric" brain sees none.
Wouldst thou care to point out where lies the joke?

Sir Jonah .... Your eyes do not see joke in that reply !!!?

Shame on you and the horse you rode in on ...... trying create a confusion and start a jousting match???!!

I am a serious son-of-a-rifle who refuses to partake in this back-and-farthing,
whoops forthing, instead will use my precious time to watch a coupla Bugs Bunny specials...
Well I think it's a good thing you didn't just drop h also.

I'm wondering why the fact that this is NOT a "challenge problem" means I cannot do the problem!
(Note that I did not post the solution.)

I made a further edit. No, it doesn't mean you cannot do and/or be discouraged from enjoying doing the problem for your own
sake.

There was a misunderstanding of my meaning.