Change decimal to a fraction and fraction to decimal

dumbndumber

hello i need help with these i dont know how to work them out please help thanks

my 2 problems are turn 1and 2/3 into a percent and turn .002 into a fraction

here are my choices for both

1 202/100

2 1.6667

3 1.4

4 .14

5 1/500 thanks

dumbndumber said:
i dont know how to work them out
To convert a decimal to a fraction, use the meaning of the decimal. For instance, 0.5 is "five tenths", or 5/10, which simplifies as 1/2.

To convert a fraction to a decimal, do the long division. For instance, 3/4 is "three divided by 4", or 0.75.

To convert a decimal to a percentage, move the decimal point two places to the right, and append the "%" sign. For instance, 0.25 is 25%.

To convert a percentage into a decimal, strip the "%" sign, and move the decimal point two places to the left. For instance, 40% is 0.4.

To convert a fraction (or, in your case, a mixed number) to a percent, first do the long division to convert it to a decimal. Then move the dot and append the sign.

To convert a percentage into a fraction, first strip the sign and move the dot to convert it to a decimal. Then use the definition of the decimal to convert to a fraction. Simplify as needed.

If you need actual lessons (rather than merely the above reminders), please use a search engine to find articles on the specific topics, or reply stating that you are needing help finding lessons (so we can find a link or two for you).

Eliz.

>turn 1and 2/3 into a percent.

If you look carefully, none of the choices are correct. First, none of the choices have a percent sign attached, so they are not percents. Second, realize that "1" is equivalent to 100%. Therefore, 1 and 2/3 must be equivalent to something greater than 100. None of the possibilities are greater than 100.