Class-Action Lawsuit RE: TFT-LCDs

mmm4444bot

Super Moderator
I received notice today from court-appointed administrators regarding a class-action against dozens of defendants accused of price-fixing conspiracies related to the cost of TFT-LCDs (Thin-Film Transistor Liquid Crystal Displays) sold during the period 1999-2006.

See United States District Court for the Northern District of California In re: TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, No. 3:07-md-1827-SI.

I would like to know whether anybody else is aware of this class-action. It affects anybody who purchased (either directly from a manufacturer or -- if not -- at least registered with the manufacturer) any product during 01-01-1999 through 12-31-2006 containing a TFT-LCD.

The notice includes the following:

(1) This is the third notice ordered by the court

(2) Claim forms need to have been submitted by April 12, 2012

(3) Settlements are before the court, to disburse $68,000,000 to those who filed timely claims

Shoot-a-darn!

This "third" notice is the only notice that I received.

I always join classes of which I'm a part (unless the legwork involved outweighs the expected return). I purchased from TOSHIBA (a major defendant!) at least six products for which I would qualify. Probably more; I would need to retrieve credit-card receipts from storage.

(I got a $50 check from the Foreign-Currency-Conversion Fee Class Action settlement against VISA, MasterCard, et al, last spring. That $50 required 20 minutes of arithmetic and filling out an on-line form. I'm currently waiting for the court to approve settlement in class-action against CLEARWIRE CORP for two years of crappy cell-phone-tower Internet access to which I was subjected despite repeated pleas. That claim took only three minutes to complete. I want money back from TOSHIBA, also, but too late now! bawler.gif)

Anyways, I'm asking around (three buddys who also purchased in 2001, 2004, 2005 have not received any notice). Based on the aggregate, I may submit settlement objection in writing to the court (as invited in this "third" notice). That effort won't amount to anything, I know -- but I'll feel better, afterwards, lol.

Last edited:
Dang!!! I did not buy anything from Toshiba - in last few years!!!

Okay -- I'm up to eleven people so far who have not heard one peep about this antitrust violation.

Among the purchases: laptop computers, desktop PCs, smartphones, an e-Book reader, flatscreen TVs, portable DVD players, a Gameboy, mobile GPS units, digital cameras.

So sad for you. (I mean me) No ... wait ... it's corporations that are to be treated as people, you dumb cows!

heh, heh, heh, heh, heh ... sigh ...

Okay -- I'm up to eleven people so far who have not heard one peep about this antitrust violation.

Among the purchases: laptop computers, desktop PCs, smartphones, an e-Book reader, flatscreen TVs, portable DVD players, a Gameboy, mobile GPS units, digital cameras.

So sad for you. (I mean me) No ... wait ... it's corporations that are to be treated as people, you dumb cows!

heh, heh, heh, heh, heh ... sigh ...

Are you saying cows are included in the 47 percent?

Them are fighting words ..... cows are sacred to me!!!!:lol:
:lol: